Monday, December 30, 2013

Take two: Transition

Rawr! I'm irritated. I had a word document with all of the progress of O's transition and it's gone. There isn't a way to recover it and now it's just lost in the abyss somewhere. I hate that so much! I'll try my best to go off the top of my head.

Day two: Transition

Well, after yesterdays defeat, I didn't know if I would put her back in her crib. I had my doubts and thought that maybe she wasnt ready and that maybe she still needed me to be right there next to her. I stewed on it for most of the day. I thought that I would just allow her to sleep in her RNP and be done with transitioning for now. Some of the articles, blogs and people I spoke with kind of had me scared of what was going to happen and I just thought, "Oh crap, here we go! Ain't nobody got time for all this mess."

  
  it wasn't until I gave her, her bath and started to nurse her that I made up my mind to go ahead and give her crib another shot. After she nursed, I laid her down  at 8:15 and she fought sleep for about 45 minutes. I soothed her and patted her. When that didn't work, I picked her up for a second and comforted her , refed her, and resang her lullaby. She had a nice big burp during all of this and when I laid her back down, she curled up on her side and passed out almost instantly.
 
She woke up again around 1 am. She wanted to eat and promptly passed out in her crib again as soon as she was done. She didn't wake up again until 7:40am! That is unheard of in my house! I am so proud of my little lady.


Of course what better way to thank her and praise her for doing such a good job? Taking her to the pediatrician for her 4 month check up and shots. Such crappy timing on my part. Good going, mom! -ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment